Portobello Market Day


On the Tube to Notting Hill



I couldn't get over this man on the train next to Andrea! He was talking to himself but seemed more than happy to share his paper with her. He kept gesturing it towards her as if he was showing her the highlights of what is happening in the world today. You can see Vane looking on with a laugh. He was quite a character!

World Famous Portobello Market!




Apparently a popular place to be on a Saturday!
 

My favorite area of the market was all the antique shops and tables.  It was so crowded all over but there was some neat things here.  There was the sweetest little old man selling Paddington Bears in the street near this shop.  I purchased a hand casted bronze stamp from a lady here as well.  Her father makes them and they were so ornate and beautiful.  I wanted one of a tree but it was too expensive!  She stamped it for me to show all the detail.  I would have loved to browse about here when there wasn't such a huge crowd!

This was a little shop full of unique antiquities.  I was dying to take a pic inside but they had signs posted "no pictures!"
Here were some street performers...they were fun!


My favorite band member....
Roadie.
Our church is a block from the market.  Yesterday we did evangelism in the market.  We broke into teams and walked around for a few hours.  We passed out little pieces of paper like "fortune cookies" with encouraging notes from God.  Me and Angelica had a great time with it!  She speaks very little English so she would approach people saying "Good morning, this is for you", and then I would explain--she pushed me way out of my comfort zone!  Everyone was really kind and receptive.  We met some fun folks!







Comments

Popular Posts