Greetings from London!

So I have arrived! I slept quite well on the plane which made the journey go by fast. I was awoken by the smell of warm croissants for our in flight breakfast. It was nice but too soon for a wakeup call! When I came off the plane, I followed the crowd to the customs line which took quite a while. All the Americans in line were complaining too much about the wait…its customs people!! I gathered my bags with no issue and made my way out. I found Jose, the program director standing in a crowd of car driver with a small sign “YWAM”. I recognized his face from the web and was pleased to see him there. I finally felt excited to finally be here and get started!


It was early when I arrived to the house and everyone was sleeping. The “new house” is so much bigger than the one I saw when I visited in May but we still have around 25 people living in it-there is always so much noise…young people! The group living here consists of DTS students, BLS (student leaders in their 2nd stent), and the family who are the directors and leaders of the program. Half of the people live in the old house…another 13+ people; it’s hard to actually get an accurate count because everyone is always moving and in various places. I share an extremely small space with 4 other girls. (It used to be used as a laundry room.) Jordan is from the Seattle area and just graduated High School. Amy is from Coventry, here in the UK; cute as a button and so proper. Michela is from Denmark, and her parents are from Lebanon. The last is Valerie who is a former church worker is from Georgia. We have two bunk beds…one is a triple decker!

Most of the girls have to share 2 showers right now! There is a small space in our room that is supposedly a bathroom but it will take a lot of work to get it into working order. They are saying they are trying to get it up and running this week…I will only believe that if they call in Ty Pennington. So far, we are making out ok with our space and most everyone is very sweet and personable. A few are VERY enthusiastic but I am sure they will grow on me over time.

This last couple of days have been a whirlwind of running about picking up odds and ends and unpacking etc. Today was our first day of the program and we took a 6 hour walk around the city!! It was funny but I was feeling very ready to get back to the house! Next we have dinner and our opening ceremony…we shall see what all unfolds!

From 10/4/10 BI (before internet connection in the house!)

Comments

Popular Posts