Keep Calm and Carry On

I got my packing list from the folks in London and am trying to figure out how to pack my world into a couple of suitcases!  Anyone who knows me knows I am the WORST at packing and a total clothes hog.  So it is time to dip into my FJV and do a little simplifying. 

Since our space in the house is super small and I will be sharing my room with a couple other girls, I was trying to figure out a better choice to my giant red Diane Von Furstenberg suitcase.  I stumbled over (literally) some cool wheeled duffel bags at the office.  Apparently some missionaries had used them and they looked brilliant for international travel!  I had a total aha! moment.  I decided to make it my business to find me one (or two). 
I jumped onto BJ's.com in search of a sleeping bag (which I also needed) and there they were...the Coleman duffel!  I was stoked.  I ordered the "big one" and a sleeping bag...all in green, my favorite color.  In true Erika form, I made no note on the actual size but just clicked and shipped...to mom and dads.

Dad called today to say my bag had arrived and I was stoked!  "How big is it?"  I asked.  "I got in it and mom zipped me up!" dad replied.  Of course, that didn't actually happen-even though he did though, in fact, try out the sleeping bag.  "Will it hold just as much as my giant red suitcase?" I asked.  My dad proceeded to describe all the features and roominess...best part it collapses down to about 5 inches!!  Perfect, I can slide that right under my bunk!

We then proceeded to discuss if I should get one more for carry on.  I read the description to dad who explained it was WAY too big for a carry-on.  Uh, oh...maybe we should have looked at the airline bag requirements first.  Come to find out, my fantastic new purchase is way too big to even check!  Oopsie!
Needless to say, the bag has to be returned.  I did find the next size down will work and another bag that is actually labeled "carry-on" which seemed a good pick for a carry-on!!  Amazing what a little research can do when one is shopping online. 

We'll get there...hopefully sooner than later.  Thank goodness for my dad's thorough inspection of my purchases!

Comments

  1. We brought home 231 pounds last week. 50 lbs per suitcase and 15 each in our carry-on bags...

    When we packed, I made a pile & then Phil made me take one piece of clothing out of the pile for every piece that went in the suitcase.

    Happy Packing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts