My friends

I have made many "friends" around in the shops and try to visit them. I met Teresa, who works at Argos (like a Sears).  She hopes to come to the states and do a program like YWAM or a bible school.  There is Imran, who works in the Superdrug.  He has family who live in Northern VA and is always up for a chat! There is Richard, who works at the local Christian bookstore. I passed him on the street the other day and we talked a bit which was nice since people here are always seemingly in a hurry. There is an old lady who walks down the street I clean every day. We are making progress in our interactions and she is warming up to me. ;) There are two corner stores I frequent, I need to ask the names of the men there...I only know Cisco, the German Shepherd who guards the one shop!

Then there is Habib, he is the wonderful attendant at the Launderette. The laundry that we were told was closest to our house is so dirty and uncomfortable and has no attendant so we asked a lady on the street if she knew anywhere to go...she sent us to Habib's place. He is very kind and I have spent time chatting and getting to know him. His family is from the Middle East and they moved to Moscow when he was young because of the political climate.  While walking past his shop last week, I saw that the Launderette was closed and he had a sign written in poor English stating his mother had passed a way. Please pray for him. I am planning to try to go by and see him this week. I plan to take him something to encourage.

Pray for all my Harlesdon friends!

Comments

Popular Posts