Deep Cleaning

This week we had a teaching on the "Divine Plumbline", to look at how our lives should look, in God's perfect plan.  We looked at how life, lots of people who mean well and some who don't, create a skew in how we see ourselves and how we understand and experience love.  The object was to see what areas of our lives are skewed from what God wants for us and to get emotional healing in those areas.  It was intense!  One of our teachers, Joy, is 83.  She was amazing!  She had so many wonderful stories and a wonderful testimony that she shared.  She was so open and talked about things very straight forward; very unlike a proper Brit or any other woman her age I know--my Grandmother would have never mentioned some of the topics she covered!  She was so sweet and really helped the group to realize we all have made plenty of mistakes in our lives and all carry around some extra "baggage".  To end the week, we did some group time of praying and speaking out some of what the Lord revealed to us personally.  I went first--of course.  I figured, it was better to get it over with!  It was difficult but so relieving.  I felt like I lost 15 pounds of burden!  It was a great cleansing and really bonded the group as well.



Our Dining Room Area...so clean!

This weekend, I was on weekend duty.  I had to stay in the house all weekend (except for out for church today and the 10 trips to the grocery to pick up various household necessities!) with Marta, one of the staff.  Yesterday we had to be up early to make sure the breakfast stuff was laid out, and then we had to clean the house.  Marta took the upstairs and I tackled the down. (she had to clean way more toilets!)  It was so exhausting!  Then we prepared lunch, baked for my roommate Amy's birthday, then prepared dinner, then cleaned some more!  It felt like I was on my feet all day!  It was nice to accomplish so much and with most people out of the house, it was pretty quiet to get the work done.   


 


Baking some yummy "American" cupcakes in a strange shallow tin.

So, it has been a long week and weekend and I can't say I am not glad it is over, but it was good overall.  A lot was accomplished and Amy had a very special birthday.  She was so excited for her big day and yummy treats.  She was a lucky duck because her family and friends live nearby so she was showered with visitors, gifts and so much mail!  It was great to see her all smiles! 

Steph made chocolate cake for one of the family's daughters who had a birthday too!

Sweet little sweeties with home made pink Buttercream frosting.

Amy, our birthday Queen!

Comments

Popular Posts