One month down...

Today is November 1!  I can hardly believe I have been here in London for a month because it feels like the time has flown by.  On the flip side, I feel like I have known some of my cohorts here forever!  My roommates and I are all warmed up to one another affectionately and learning how to co-habitate pretty comfortably in our little cave.  Our small groups break outs and teams for prayer and evangelism prove good times to get to know others as well.  The diversity in this house is amazing and each person adds something very special to the pot! 

We have had some amazing guest teachers here in the house with us over the past four weeks.  They have also been very diverse and added much to our experience.  Some traveled to be here and stayed with us in the house for a few days to a week in time.  The house is always full of life.  We also had a group of Bible College students from Norway in for a few days.  You can't imagine the noise level at lunch with their addition of about 14 people to the mix!  I was able to spend some time chatting with two of the girls and enjoyed hearing about their lives a bit.  There is such an ebb and flow of guests...including a mouse who has taken up residence in our kitchen!

Weekends bring much needed free time from our hectic schedule.  This past weekend, my roommate Valerie and I went on an excursion.  We visited St. Paul's Cathedral and Tower Bridge.  We walked a ton and took lots of pictures! London is so beautiful in places.  There is such a rich history and I hope to absorb some more of it when I can.  Next weekend, I am on house duty and have to stay in.  I am saving up the DVD's my mom mailed to watch on Saturday while I am home bound! 


Busy week ahead...I am excited to go back to Ellis Court on Wednesday and work in the "coffee house" (soup kitchen).  I enjoy opportunities to do outreach in the community.  Almost everyday we collect trash while we pray over the streets around our house and people are really taking notice.  Our areas police officer talked with some folks the other day and said they had "heard about us" out cleaning the streets!  She also mentioned everyone was jealous of the coppers posted in front of our house for the few days after there was a crime here because we treated them so well with tea and snacks.  The community is noticing and our house is becoming a "lighthouse" in Harlesdon.  With the good, also comes a bit of odd as an Indian man (who seemed to be in his 60's) tried to get kisses out of me and another girl on the team this morning as we walked out to our streets to clean!  My prayer partner, Angelica, got offered marriage from a passerbyer as well.  He must have been quite impressed with her trash pick-up skills!  Too funny!

Comments

Popular Posts