Are you getting excited?

So, people keep asking me if I am getting excited now that I am coming up on the big day of starting my new journey.  Generally, when I am doing anything new, I don't really get excited.  I started to think about this the other day.  Why am I not excited?  I realized that I am pretty cynical and all of the details that make me feel nervous or pensive about the next step seem to outweigh the good stuff.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I always expect the worse in situations. 

I thought I should talk this over with God.  He showed me that many times in my life I have made choices on my own that didn't turn out too hot.  After having that happen time and again, you start to expect the worse.  The thing is, when we follow what He has planned for us, we should expect the best.  It hit me, all of the things I am worried about are pretty insignificant and all of the good that is in store completely outweighs all of that! 

He has promised me an exciting, life-changing adventure.  That is definitely something to get excited about!  Today, I just want to encourage everyone to look at what God has promised you; look at what He has planned for you.  If you are feeling discouraged or lost in your journey, your perspective can make all the difference.  He will never lead us down the wrong path.  So, if we are truly seeking His plan, trusting His directions and obeying Him; how can we go wrong?  Now, if I could just get the rest of my prep done, I will be well on my way!  Anybody up for helping me pack my life into two bags?  It should be very EXCITING!  

Comments

Popular Posts