24 Days and Counting...

Just a few days ago, I realized I have one month left in the good old U S of A!  How strange!  I have been feeling excited, nervous, stressed and even a little sad at different times.  This weekend was nuts as we finished packing up.  I took "my boys" to VA to their "grandparent's" house to get them all moved in and settled.  They seemed relieved to be in a clean and unchaotic environment and settled right in!  I think all the packing and visitors have been very stressful for them so this was a much needed respite!  We moved the rest of our things to be stored at our sisters and got to spend a little time with her family before we had to head back to Raleigh to clean our empty apartment. 

It is all finished and I am living out of a suitcase and a couple bags.  My car is chalk full of random leftover odds and ends...which worries me a little.  (how do we end up with so much stuff!!)  Time is flying by as I wrap up my stuff at work, say goodbyes to a bunch of wonderful people, and try to get organized...which I stink at, btw. 

I have felt so marshmallow brained lately.  I keep thinking I should write down a list of things I need to get accomplished but then I get sidetracked with another thought and forget what I was doing!  I think this is what it feels like when you are "getting old", as they say.  I am thinking that should not be happening to me now...why am I suddenly in the mood for S'mores?

PS: After Sunday, I will be heading up North for some visiting and family time.  Saying goodbye to Raleigh...for a little while, at least.

Comments

Popular Posts