Holding Patterns

It's been three months (and some change) since I packed it up and moved from Raleigh to Williamsburg to tackle the next steps on my journey.  I envisioned these months at home being packed with fund raising, paper work, and a bit of shopping and packing in preparation for returning to the UK.  I saw all the bits floating seamlessly into place and the time flying by- like a relaxing few months vacation!  Unfortunately, I may have romanticize this stage a bit as things don't always go as I would imagine.

First item of business was finding some work.  I needed to be able to make a few bucks.  I thought it would be simple to find a temporary position doing some admin work but nothing panned out.  God did provided me with a job working at HomeGoods.  It is not glamorous and really challenges me more than I would have ever imagined.  Most days I would describe it as humbling.  It has definitely taken me way outside of my comfort zone!  I do have some lovely co-workers and have been blessed with some moments where the Lord reminds me He has a plan and can use me in all things.  The biggest challenge is remembering that fact!  This, I am sure, is good practice for the next stage of the game.  I am reminded that working for free is not always easy either and that my heart must stay focused on the why of it all.  

The second priority was raising financial and prayer partner support.  This step has been put on hold while I worked through some details.  I really felt I needed an umbrella organization to help me with some of the financial bits and found one through another missionary friend who is from the UK.  It has taken me a few weeks to get the information together for my application but I mailed that off to Stewardship this week and ask for prayers that will process smoothly.  Once my account is set with them, I will be able to send out letters to friends and family.  

In October, I will be able to start my VISA process.  Portsdown Community Church is starting the renewal for their sponsor license now and I could also use prayers for this part.  I am really wanting to be approved for the full 24 month max VISA.  I believe I can be more effective if I can invest a bit more in longer term projects and even though there will be other factors that may effect the length of my stay (funding, unforeseen issues), having that length VISA will, at least, open that window of opportunity.  

I would like to celebrate that God has provided enough money for me so far to ensure my plane ticket over and cover the cost of the VISA processing!  That is one (BIG) victory in my book.  On the days when I seem to be flying in circles, I can remember that each detail will come together and trust that He will get me to the destination right on time!

Comments

Popular Posts