Greetings from Cowplain and The Acorn Centre!

Hiya! Hope everyone out there is doing wonderful! I have been super busy catching up with life here in England. It has been so wonderful to see everyone again and get back into the swing. It has been a bit difficult since I have been so chill over the last 4 months and now it is quite full on! There is no sitting around because there is just so much to get done!

Week one was great. I had a day to rest and unpack and then it was off to the races. Tuesday I hopped right in and went to help Ann with her Art Class. Several of the kids had met me when I was here in February and gave me a nice welcome back! Then (after a nice afternoon tea) we were off and running to prepare for Journeys, the Tuesday night small group the church hosts in the Acorn Community Centre. Chloe and I got the food ready and did a bit of baking together which was fun! Wednesday's we have a coffee morning where adults from the community can come out for some cake and have a chat. I got to catch up with a few people and meet some new ones as well, which was great. The rest of the week I was spending time shadowing Ann and helping her with some funding research for a new conservation project in the community. Friday night was exciting at the centre as we hosted a Ladies Night! I spent the evening in the kitchen with Sonia getting the food prepared, served, and washing up. The Ladies had a wonderful night of fellowshipping, crafting, and getting pampered.

This week was busy again. I have crashed a few birthday parties, spent a lot of time with the Waters family, attended a few meetings, looked at ideas for upcoming Summer Workshops for the kids, did a bunch more baking (these folks love their desserts), and ended with a  big event.  Saturday’s event, It’s a Knockout, was a big team obstacle course and carnival type day.  We had the grill going and some activities for the little ones while the teens and adults participated in a very wet and wild obstacle course!  I was in charge of the face painting tent and was able to recruit one sweet young volunteer to help.  We painted face after face for 4 hours!  The kids (and a few Adults) really enjoyed this treat and I got loads of practice with my face painting skills!  Needless to say, I was knackered (that means tired) at the day’s end! 

 I have been so blessed by the people here!  Many of the people I meet are super perplexed by what would poses an American to come live in their little community.  The church members are very encouraging and glad to have me.  I have been a bit poorly (that means sick) over the past few days with a cold and felt a bit frustrated but am trying to be patient since everyone has shown such love and grace with me.  Hope to get over this soon so I can get fully into whatever is next on the agenda!  

Comments

Popular Posts