New News!

I mailed off my VISA application on December 8th from Raleigh and nervously hoped and prayed all the necessary bits were there and the average 15 days of processing would prevail.  Considering it was a couple of weeks before Christmas though, I felt unsure that I would luck out and have the VISA in hand before the years end.  When nearly a week later, I received an email notification that the application was in processing (just), I felt it wishful thinking that I would have an answer before January.

On Sunday I was back in Raleigh visiting my friends and family at CCI, and many people were inquiring about the status of my journey.  I told them that I was hoping and praying for the VISA to come in the next week but it seemed a long shot!!  I ventured off to Charlotte from there for a couple of days and on the train ride home, was checking my email to see this:


I was overwhelmed with emotion at seeing this wonderful news!  I immediately contacted a few friends to share the news and was overjoyed with their responses--smiling and laughing from my seat on the train!  What a blessing for the last day of December and a beautiful reminder that the LORD hears our prayers and cares about each and every detail.

My ticket to England is now booked for February 5 and I know the next few weeks will be a whirlwind!  Keep your eyes peeled for a support letter in the mail from me in the next week.  I will be updating contact info and my prayer email list so I can make sure to keep everyone in the loop.  Being covered with your love and support is essential and it is a comfort to know I will be thought of, prayed for, and missed!

Comments

Popular Posts