Baby Steps...

In typical Erika style, it looks like we will be racing to the finish line, yet again!  The good news is Portsdown Community Church has received approval on the necessary sponsorship license.  It turned out that a one-year VISA was the best option for me considering the regulations in the UK have become more strenuous.  We are really excited that the approval came through...and quickly with no hitches.  I have completed my application for my VISA and have an appointment on Dec 8th at the Raleigh office for the "face-to-face" bit of the process.  Then I can mail everything off and am praying it all goes through quickly and without a hitch again!!  I am praying (and asking for prayers) that the VISA is expedited smoothly since I really need at least a month prior to leaving to get my plane ticket.  I believe that the Lord can make this happen and help me get a decent rate on my flight as well.

My fundraising efforts have gotten off to a slow start but I will be getting word out to everyone VERY soon.  (Look for your email!) I am finishing the set-up for the online access to my Stewardship account and want to be able to provide that info for anyone interested.  I am having faith in this area too.  That even in the eleventh hour, the Lord will provide everything I need, as I need it.  I have raised enough funds to cover my VISA processing fees and (I think!) to cover my plane ticket to the UK.  The church will also be able to help out with part of my living expense as well as with a bus pass which is a HUGE blessing!

I have also confirmed I will be living with a very sweet young woman from the church.  I am excited to be her roomie and so appreciative to her for opening her home to me!  I will be living closer to the church so I will have a new area and neighborhood to explore.

As the details come together, slow but sure, I feel both excited and slightly nervous!  I have historically not done well at last minute things but am trying to view this as a growing experience!  The Lord is always stretching me as I learn to practice trusting Him.  It is never easy, but He is ALWAYS GOOD!

Comments

Popular Posts