Home Again! (Part One)

Time has flown by again and I see it has been a month since I last posted. I had delusions of grandeur thinking when we returned to London, we would have loads of down time and I would be able to catch folks up on what was new with me. Our last few days in London were actually a whirlwind...but full of fun!
Heading to the South Bank
 
Michela, Amy and Val...on the Tube
Room Zero together again!
Lisa (my leader) and I decided in Romania that we deserved something special when we returned.  We treated ourselves to a big treat and went to have Tea at Harrods department store.  It was very chic and we acted like such ladies...

Our tray of goodies made Lisa hungry!
We got a doggie bag!

First off, the good news is I graduated my DTS!  The bad news was that I missed my actual graduation!  I went but had to catch a cab to the airport right before the ceremony kicked off!  I found a good deal on a flight to ISRAEL and headed out to visit Tonya.  She picked me up at the airport at the wee hours of the Israeli am.  I was pretty tuckered since I didn't get too much sleep on the plane and went forward a couple hours time zone too but we were off and running right away!  We rented a car and spent the next two days making the most of Tee's time off taking in the sights.  I think we saw everything (skipping the Arab occupied parts!)

The Dead Sea...it was rough!
...and windy!
We stayed over night in a Kibbutz called Nof Ginosar that is a fun place to visit because they have a museum with a boat they found perserved in the sand on the property that dates from the days of Jesus!  It is on the Sea of Galilee and the property was just GORGEOUS!
 
The Galilee Boat

The Sea of Galilee
During our road trip adventure, we did another very special thing...Tee baptized me in the Jordan!  It was very cold and we had to rent funny white robes.  We asked a random lady to take pictures and even though I am not sure she spoke english, she was happy to oblige!  A dove even came to watch-which was pretty exciting to me.  It was about time that I was baptized-I didn't chicken out this time!
Tonya enjoyed "dunking" me!
We ended our road trip by going to some Roman ruins in a town called Caesarea, right on the Mediteranian Sea.  We just made it into the park as the sun was setting.  We didn't get to see everything Tee had hoped but it sure was pretty! 
The Med at Sunset


(I will post a bit more later...the computer isn't cooperating to upload my other pics!  Until next time.)

Comments

Popular Posts