Last Days in Targu Mures...

I cannot believe a month in Romania is coming to a close!  It has been such a whirlwind here.  I have so enjoyed getting to know the staff here; especially Andi (Oregon) and her husband Michael (UK), Nadia (Germany) and Amanda (Michigan), who we have spent the most time.  They have been so welcoming and hospitable and have just become an extended part of our YWAM London family.  We have had a lot of fun as well as many great conversations about all the Lord is doing here in Targu Mures.  They threw us a lovely goodbye dinner on Thursday and included our wonderful team of translators.  I will miss them all!

Wednesday night we hosted a coffee house here on the base.  We had been promoting the event during street evangelism and were really happy with all the people who showed up to support us.  Most were young adults from the various churches we have visited and spoke in.  One group of 5 people came just because they met Tom on the street...the fact that he was wearing his penguin suit that day brought them in.  He was quite the curiosity (and almost lost his stuffing several times!)  The evening was great and we did a bit of live music.  We performed covers of various British artist with Lisa on lead vocals, Ezra on guitar, Rafi on percussion and me singing backup.  That was new for me but turned out to be a lot of fun.  Come Together, by the Beetles, and Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven were two favorites.  I shared my testimony at the end of the evening (which was not planned) and it seemed to touch many of the people there and inspire some great conversations. (Thanks Matt and Cindy for challenging me to be prepared with my testimony; I have had two opportunities to share it here.) Overall, the evening was a sucess and we invited many people to come back to the ongoing Friday night coffee house, which had a great turn-out last night!

Last night, we finished up our ministry with the base by having a pizza party at the orphanage.  We took our face paint, which they love, and just had a nice time playing with them.  The guys got pretty rowdy which thrilled the boys but was a bit much for us ladies!  One of the staff women suggested they go to a different room in the house for their wild rompus!  I spent my evening making effort to communicate with some of the children.  I tried to teach one boy a card game but he just kept insisting his own rules, so I just gave up and went with it!  We also played Parcheeze for a while, which also apparently had a special set of Romanian rules (or just Kiki's rules...I am not sure which!)  I finally made a break through with one of the older girls.  She never seems very happy and is reluctant to interact with us.  I got her to share some of her drawings with me and was able to talk with her with the help of one of our translators.  I got several smiles too, which blessed my heart.  She is so lovely, even with her face painted as a skull!  The kids liked to pick odd things from our facepaint book...always a monster or scary creature!

Tonight we have one more service at Pastor Zahmbor's church and then Sunday, a few of us are going to a children's hospital.  I am excited about that last outreach here.  We will be going with some young people from another local church.  Sunday night, we head to Cluj to do another overnight in the airport; then fly back to London.  In London, our base leader will pick us up and drive us to Portsmouth.  There we will work with a local church.  We will be staying in peoples homes and participating in various local ministries focusing on working with youth and children.  I am looking forward to seeing what God will have in store for us there.  So sad to leave all the lovely people here...pray for them!  Pics to follow...

Comments

Popular Posts